The tourist information centre, conveniently situated in the centre of Karaganda city with its English-speaking personnel, offers to its visitors all the necessary information about the travels in Central Kazakhstan, including:
- information about the natural and historical sights of the region, including such ecosites of Central Kazakhstan as Kyzylarai, Ulytau, Karkaraly-Kent and Korgalzhyn, as well as some protected natural areas;
- information about the accommodation opportunities of the region, including hotels, guest-houses and rental apartments;
- information on air-, railway- and motor transportation facilities;
- information on other units of the tourist infrastructures, such as travel agencies, public catering services and leisure opportunities;
- information on administrative, customs, migratory and currency regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan: contact details, operating schedules and other details concerning the corresponding public bodies.
There is also a souvenir shop attached to the centre, where you can purchase the unique articles out of felt, clay and minerals, produced by the local masters, as well as various printed materials (postcards, guide-books, maps etc.)
The tourist centre was founded in 2010 in the framework of the ETPACK project «Ecological tourism and public awareness in Central Kazakhstan», funded by the European Commission. At the present time the center functions with the help of «Karaganda Ecological Museum» Public Association, «Nomadic Travel Kazakhstan» tourist company and Avalon Historico-Geographical Society and Public Foundation.