All history of Temirtau as a city, which was founded on the bank of the Nura river in the 30’s of the previous century, is connected with industry development and natural resources exploration. In geologists’ opinion, the location of Samarkandskiy settlement (that is how the town was named back then) could not give a better fit to be the future center of ferrous metallurgy. Even the name of the city, which means ‘iron mountain” from Kazakh, speaks for itself.
During World War II this was the place where a metallurgy plant was evacuated. Later it grew larger and got the name of Karagandy metallurgy plant, which is considered the main enterprise of the city also nowadays. It is also one of the largest metallurgy plants of full stroke in the world. Right after the war, on October 1, 1945, Samarkandskiy settlement got city status and its new name, Temirtau.
Tourists may find many things interesting: both city’s industrial giants and its rather well preserved old part, as well as the museum of local lore, winter garden and recently opened historico-cultural center of the First President.
|Size of group||1||2||3||4||5||6|
The above-mentioned prices include: all journeys according to tour program by all-wheel drive bus, services of a driver and an English-speaking guide-interpreter, entrance tickets.
The program of the tour might be changed due to the force majeure circumstances, including (but not limited to):
– official prohibitions on visiting specially protected areas (national parks, reserves, sanctuaries, etc.) due to epizootics or epidemics, fire-setting and other reasons;
– official prohibitions on visiting sites, located in the territory of the former Semipalatinsk nuclear test site and Kurchatov town, Saryshagan test site, Baikonur city and Cosmodrome site, and other areas with limited access;
– cancellation/postponement of plane, train and other transfers;
– extreme weather conditions (steppe fire, snowstorms, lasting rainstorms, etc.) and its consequences (washed out roads, snow drifts, damaged bridges, etc.);
– traffic restrictions (closures);
– other natural and administrative circumstances beyond the control of the company “Nomadic Travel Kazakhstan”.
«Baikonur» — the first and the largest cosmodrome in the world is located on the territory of Kazakhstan. We will be happy to organize this unforgettable trip for you! In 2017, there will be 4 inhabited launches available for visiting: Soyuz MS – 04: March 27, 2017 Soyuz MS – 05: May 29, 2017 Soyuz […]
Program of the tour Visiting the «Chaika» hotel, Akimat (city administration), sights of the Old Town, Nurken Abdirov Sports Palace and the Abdirov Monument, the Miners’ Culture Palace, Circus. Excursion to Karaganda Ecological museum. Walk to the Central Park. Lunch. Excursions to the Mosque, Catholic Cathedral and Orthodox Church. Short walk in a Victory Park. […]
The Kyzylarai mountain and forest oasis, located in Central Kazakhstan, gives truly exclusive opportunities for a traveler. Where else can you make a journey, figuratively speaking, “3000 years back” and “1500 metres up” just within a few days? Just here, in the Kyzylarai mountains, the highest point of Sary Arka, Aksoran peak (1565 metres), is situated. […]
The Ulytau mountains always attracted the attention of nomads. Here was situated the headquarters of the oldest son of Genghis-khan – Zhoshy (Juchi), who became ancestor of most of the Kazakh rulers. Moreover, here graphic evidence of historical events, connected with the name of Tamerlane the Great, can also be found. It’s remarkable, that exactly […]